Newsletter #27 -Monday, 21st September 2020
We remain at Implementation Level Two for both Homes and HomeCare with no Symptomatic Residents, Clients or Staff.
Increasing Coronavirus Risk
We are sure it will not have escaped anyone’s notice that Covid-19 Infections are on the rise again. We are continuing to monitor the situation closely, and know that Staff and Families alike will share our concern about this changing situation, and will be taking additional precautions to safeguard our Residents and Clients.
Unfortunately, the situation with Testing is also heading in the wrong direction, with Test Results taking an increasing amount of time to come back, and with those Members of Staff having to go for a test being invited to travel ever greater distances. We continue to find ways to work around this situation, which is far from ideal, but hope this is not impacting on the overall Risk Level given that Staff know to isolate if they were to become symptomatic.
- The front of the home has had a Mini-Makeover, with all trees and hedges cut back meaning the Home is now visible from the roadside!
- Jane will be doing Exercises and Singalongs in the lounge, as well as Baking Cakes with Residents this week.
- We would like to welcome Tamzyn Wiseman, Granddaughter of Chris, who has started working at Nettlestead on weekends to help with Activities whilst studying at college during the week. Chris is our Longest-Standing Member of Staff, having been with us for over 30 years, and it is therefore only fitting that she continues the Family Traditions that are at the heart of Nightingales.
- We are hoping to make a final decision on the Names of our two Baby Rabbits this week.
- We continue to have our popular Weekly Pamper Session and
- We will also have various Quizzes and our regular weekly Prize Bingo night with drinks and nibbles.
- The children at Redhill Baptist Nursery are busy practising their Hand Bells and we will be enjoying a Zoom Session to watch them perform especially for us in the coming week or two.
- There has been a Change since the last newsletter in regard to the Area Supervisors. As of tomorrow, Katie is going to be overseeing Reigate and Croydon, while Tracey is going to be one of the new area supervisors for Bromley as of 5th October 2020. Lauren has sent a note to all Reigate and Croydon clients, family and staff members to let them know of the change.
- Lauren has contacted UKHCA and Bromley Council in regards to sourcing Home Testing Kits for both Clients and Staff Members.
- We have two New Members of Staff starting this week, Diana and Janette, with another two, Yvonne and Talyor, starting in a week or so once they have completed their training and shadowing.
- We are still recruiting for another Area Supervisor for Bromley, and Carers for all areas as the service continues to grow.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce