Newsletter #16 – Monday, 6th July 2020
We remain at Implementation Level Two for both Homes and HomeCare with no Symptomatic Residents, Clients or Staff.
Garden Visits Start Thursday
All the feedback we have had from Family Members has been in favour of Garden Visits starting as soon as possible, and which will therefore happen this week. This decision was not made without a certain sense of nervousness, given that the gradual easing of lockdown is leading to a resurgence of the Coronavirus in some areas. However, we also recognise that those people visiting are unlikely to be lowering their guard. Therefore, save for local resurgences in Bromley or Reigate, or some other unanticipated event that adversely affects their Risk Profile, Garden Visits will start from this Thursday until further notice. There will also be one change to the suggested procedure, in part in response to an observation made by one Family Member in regard to possible hearing difficulties if a perspex screen is used, and partially because the screens we are purchasing have been delayed. We are therefore going to ask that Residents and Visitors wear Face Visors for the duration of the visit, although Visitors Facemasks can still be removed when seated.
Visiting Slots will initially be for 30 Minutes, spaced 60 minutes apart to allow for the necessary cleaning in between visits, with available times as follows:
Wednesday’s and Sunday’s may be more restricted due to staffing reasons.
Test & Trace
Still nothing to report:-(
Drive-Through Visits remain available at both Homes, although bookable times may be less frequent once Garden Visits have started because of Staff availability.
- We have signed up for our Residents to be Tested Monthly, and all Staff to be Tested Weekly moving forward as restrictions are beginning to be lifted.
- Thank you to those who have already sent in Birthday Cards for George Cowie. We still have 2 more weeks before the big day, so any others are very welcome!
- Katherine will be baking Homemade Cupcakes with the Residents this week and decorating them. We will try to save some for any Garden Visitors!
- We enjoyed a BBQ in the garden last week.
- Residents enjoyed Ladies Day afternoon on Friday, ahead of The Derby. Photos of this can be found on our FaceBook Page.
- Thank you to Sandra Greaves who joined in with our ‘Meet Michelle’ Zoom on Thursday. If anyone would like to arrange a one-to-one Zoom or telephone call with Michelle, at a time convenient to you, please email her directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This week’s upcoming activities include a Pamper Evening, Herb Planting, various games in the conservatory and Friday’s Big Bingo
- We are also looking forward to a sweet tasting treat of homemade Butterscotch Tarts, courtesy of Stephanie Evans from The Reigate Flower Hut.
- Lauren is on holiday this week, so more news next week. Meanwhile, Paige and Becky will be available as usual in the office, supported by our Area Supervisors Karen and Edna.
- The main bit of news for this section is that there will now be weekly tests for Staff, and monthly tests for Residents. These have been arranged at Nettlestead and are currently being arranged at Reigate.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce