Nightingales Weekly Newsletter #62 – Monday, 14th June 2021
- We had a fantastic week! Our trip to Polhill was brilliant as you can see from the photos below! Thank you to Jane and Chris 🙂 We are planning to go again this Thursday to get some plants to add to our Glorious Garden!
- Joe came to entertain us last Friday, which was great. We all got together and had a good old Dance and Sing-a-long, The X-Factor has nothing on us!!
- Diane will be providing another fun filled afternoon this week with animal therapy and social interaction provided by the lovely Tia.
- Thank you to all the Families that continue to phone the home to book your Visits, we really appreciate your support in keeping the Home safe.
- Calling ALL Families, please tell us what you think as Nettlestead would like to hold a Pub Quiz Night for both Residents and Families (following the latest guidelines). Would this be something you would like to take part in? Please let Jane or Katherine know via email – Jane.Ballard@nightingales.co.uk or Katherine.Flitter@nightingales.co.uk, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Monday we are being joined by Ciara for this week’s Slow Yoga sessions – Namaste!
- Jane and Chris will be making scrummy Cupcakes this week. The Great Nettlestead Bake Off is soon to hit your screens! Keep your eyes peeled for pictures on Facebook.
- Today marks a Very Special Occasion – Charles is 101! Where has the last year gone? Many Happy Returns Charles, we’ve loved celebrating with you.
- Last week we enjoyed a visit from some Small Animals as you can see from the photos; our Residents and Staff alike enjoyed holding and petting a variety of furry friends including a Guinea Pig, Chicks, a Bunny and a not so furry Tortoise!
- A staff member’s Relative kindly bought some Home-Made Cupcakes from a local baker who makes delicious cakes and donates the proceeds to the Alzheimers Society. Thank you for thinking of us, they were scrumptious and all for a good cause too!
- We are absolutely loving this weather and looking forward to our Beach Day tomorrow – did somebody say Ice Cream!?
- We enjoyed Slow Yoga in the conservatory this morning, thirsty work!
- There’s lots of Pampering happening this week with our Hairdresser visiting us on Wednesday, and our Podiatrist will be with us on Thursday.
- Moira Haywood celebrates her Birthday today and Rose Ismail who celebrates her Birthday on Saturday , Many Happy Returns!!
- The lovely ladies in the HomeCare office have organised a Sweepstake for the Euro Football Championships. I am not into footie, but I am just about in with a chance as I drew the Welsh team from the pot!! Watch this space.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.