Newsletter #38 – Monday, 7th December 2020.
Nettlestead, Priors Mead and HomeCare are all at Implementation Level Two.
Vaccinations are about to start although there is some confusion as to how and when our Residents and Clients will receive theirs due to the logistical problems of keeping the Pfizer Vaccine sufficiently cold. However, once this is worked out, we anticipate we may be invited to partake at Short Notice. Given the importance of the roll-out, we want to make sure that we do not add to the confusion and are therefore presuming that all Residents, Clients and Members of Staff will want to receive the Vaccine – Unless They Tell us Otherwise. Therefore please advise us by return of email if this is the case. That said, there are reports that everyone will be required to sign Consent Forms, but we will update everyone further when we know more.
In regard to Staff, there will be a Portal System for booking appointments at either the Princess Royal, Guys or Kings for Nettlestead Staff, but we do not yet have information for Priors Mead or HomeCare Staff. These will be shared as soon as they are received, rather than waiting for another Newsletter.
Likewise, as soon as we learn how Vaccines are to be made available to Residents and Clients we will contact everyone concerned immediately.
A HUGE Thank You to all those who have submitted a Five-Star Review to carehome.co.uk or homecare.co.uk; they have really helped to improve our scores. Please stop by at your convenience as there is a token of our appreciation waiting with your name on it. We also have a few extra for anyone who would still like to post a review:-)
Visiting Before Christmas
Unfortunately, we are still awaiting further information and equipment, but will write to everyone as soon as we are able to facilitate visits.
Normal testing continues, with everyone continuing to test Negative.
Pods and Visiting
We are now very close to the Nettlestead Pod being ready for Visitors, but Priors Mead is still probably two weeks away. We are continuing to do all we can to get these ready as soon as possible.
- Jane has been doing lots of Christmas activities over the last week and all our Residents enjoyed a Cheese and Mulled Wine Evening as well as singing Christmas Carols.
- We are once again collecting stamps in aid of Parkinson’s UK which is arranged through one of our Resident’s Relatives, Alice. Please drop any stamps at the home if you are able to help.
- Residents have been busy creating Homemade Christmas Cards which are being posted out to families and friends.
- Jane is hosting Christmas Movie Nights once a week accompanied by Mince Pies & Baileys 🙂
- Our Residents made their own Christmas Wreaths this week which we really enjoyed. These are proudly on display around the home.
- On Friday we will be participating in #ElfDay in support of the Alzheimer’s Society uniting against dementia. Watch this space for updates on our Elf Antics.
- We too are collecting stamps for Alice in aid of Parkinson’s UK – please pop any in an envelope and pass on to us when convenient.
- Just a reminder for Relatives to please send in your Christmas Video Messages, if you would like to, by the end of this week.
- Thank you to all Staff and Relatives who donated to our Food Bank Collection – the items were very gratefully received.
- If you haven’t already, please give us a Like on Facebook (click Here); we share lots of daily updates and photos of goings-on in the Home.
- We have another three New Clients starting this week, Welcome!
- Lauren has received an email from the Testing Service and Testing Kits for HomeCare have been dispatched and are due to arrive on Wednesday 9th December.
- Becky is currently in the process of contacting everyone regarding their Christmas Schedule. Please do let us know if there will be any changes to your normal visits.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce